Here are the rules.
I love ideas for new blog posts! But please keep these things in mind before you hit send. Not to be too prickly, but I’m all about relevancy.
- I only blog about digital PR topics – earned media and some types of owned media only, never paid media. We cover content marketing, PR, SEO and social media.
- I’m a blogger, not a journalist, so don’t send me a press release. EVER.
- Guest posts are very, very rare. You must be an excellent writer who understands my audience.
- All links within a guest post are nofollow, unless we decide otherwise. Your bio may include a link to your website and LinkedIn profile.
- You must be a PR professional to submit for our PR Pro Showcase. No exceptions.
- I don’t respond to emails that don’t follow these guidelines.
- No product review pitches. We don’t do that. We also don’t “give feedback” on software tools, plug-ins or apps unless hired to do so.
- Don’t spam me and don’t add me to your media list.
- Have a question or challenge related to digital PR? Ask me!!! Odds are good it will become a post. Your question is probably everyone’s question.
- Feel free to send me ideas with a quote and/or helpful resources to include in the post.
- If you pitch me badly – or very, very well – it’s extremely likely to end up showcased in a blog post for Rock The Pitch. Your sending it gives me permission to use it as I see fit, right? Right.
- Don’t ask me for a favor if you aren’t already part of my community.
- Have an article related to one of my posts? Feel free to share a comment that includes a link to it. Just be sure it is relevant, not spammy, and a single link. I love comments!
- Don’t ask me to share or write about something that is marketing-related but falls outside of digital PR.
Sound fair? We think so.